South Calcutta Girls’ College is the only college in the southern part of the city that offers hostel facility to the students. It can at present accommodate 60 boarders. The hostel is efficiently run on a low cost basis and great attention is paid to the cleanliness of the premises, food, discipline and well being of the students. New rooms constructed with MPLAD fund were inaugurated on 30 June 2016.
Four additional new toilets have been constructed with the help of MPLAD Fund in 2017. Wifi facility is also available.
· Hostel seats are limited
· Admitted students (Honours only) interested in securing Hostel accommodation should apply (on plain paper) to the College Office on the date of verification, mentioning the applicant’s Permanent Address (with distance)
· For Hostel accommodation, the following documents will be required during admission
1. Attested photocopy of Higher Secondary Examination mark sheet
2. Fit Certificate (at least from MBBS doctor)
3. Age proof
4. Address and Photo ID (Voter Card/ Aadhar Card)
5. Four (4) passport size photos (applicant, applicant’s both parents and applicant’s local guardian)